Monday, December 12, 2011

morning thought-time.

When i wake up in the morning I always have the same first thoughts, and they usually go like this:
"Good LORD I'm STARVING! I need food. Banana! Okay, this is going well. I wonder if I can take a shower without worrying about the upstairs neighbors listening to their awkward talk-radio. My head...my head's fuzzy. Oh yeah. I NEED COFFEE!"

And then I struggle with the task of getting said coffee. Sometimes it's easy (and usually involves whining,) and sometimes it's difficult (hey! when it's early in the morning boiling water is complicated! I might as well be attempting a souffle!)

Nashville is home to quite a few cute coffee shops, all with good quality stuff (Bongo Java knocked my reindeer-patterned socks off, and so did The Frothy Monkey.) Unfortunately, none of it's within quick-access distance (aka five amazing shops within two city blocks, not counting Starbucks.)
I know, Seattle spoiled me.
Like a carton of milk left outside during the summertime.
Or something.
Anyways.

Another good spot I've been frequenting is Sam and Zoe's. I think the "rustic-color-hippie" decor reminds me of the Northwest, which is comforting. I've only been here a month, I still feel justified in being homesick!




I've had these riding boots for so long, I've forgotten where they've come from. The dress, sunnies, and bag were thrifted, and my jeans are just Levi's (jeans instead of tights, I was riding my bike and wanted to avoid unnecessary flashing.) My little sequined shrug was a gift from a friend years and YEARS ago, it's one of those things that I could never get rid of!

In addition to exploring more of my new habitat, I've been meeting some lovely lovelies! Quincy from Q's Daydream Vintage is an absolute DARLING, and definitely one of my new favorite people! (it was nice to be able to cry during My Week With Marilyn and not be mocked, haha.) And Kaelah from Little Chief Honeybee is one of the sweetest things I've ever had the pleasure to meet, and is one of the most inspiring and motivated ladies out there. (she blogged about Sam and Zoe's too, a while back! Her review's as positive as mine, I'm in love with this place.) I'm so excited to get to know these girls (and more!) better! Nashville seems to be a sort of "hub" for old fashioned girlies, who are content with baking and crafting and watching Doris Day films. I'm a flan, and I hope I don't get put in custard-y for saying that (old Office jokes, anyone?)

1 comment:

Q's Daydream said...

awww, you're one of my new favorite people too!